Saturday, July 25, 2009

Remembering BoBo

An online diary of support taken from Coastal Outdoors

Bo has been diagnosed with lung cancer. He's not doing so good. He has been operated on and is currently going through treatments. I've know Bo since 1987. We both worked at Gulfstream. He always greeted me with a smile, a "How's it going, Dan," followed by a hardy laugh. He was one on the more recognizable people there. That says a lot for a place with 3-4,000 employees.

When he retired and was approached about buying Bandy's I was glad he did because I got to continue to visit with him. When I had time I would sit on the porch with him and we'd laugh together as we watched the "hey y'all watch this" types recover their boats.

I think we should do something to show our support for both Bo and Liz. They are both wonderful people. As usual, I don't have time to organize anything, but it sure would be nice if the Coastal Outdoors family got together and did something for them. Maybe some with th e time could volunteer to run the drag net for them to get bait shrimp. Maybe others could run the bait store for them for a couple of hours a week. I don't know, I'm just throwing some ideas out there. A fishing tournament would be a good idea to help raise money and awareness for them.

Whatever we come up with, we should approach Liz with what we want to do to make sure she is OK with it. The media would be a great tool to help get the word out also.

Y'all see what you can come up with. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment