Saturday, August 8, 2009

Cousin Freddie

Ossabaw Island Asks: So, we heard that your family came here from Ossabaw Island, did you know or hear anything about that growing up?

Cousin Freddie: Yea, I didn't live there, but it was a stopping point Ossabaw. They used to stop at Ossabaw to pick up fruits and vegetables. You know Ossabaw is where the rich use to stop ...it was for the rich people. They use to stop over their to get their fruit and vegetables on their excursions.

Their were many old houses and churches over there. I don't remember the name of the black or white churches tho.You know I use to sail over there with my daddy, the Revered. The only was you use to get over there was by boat. That use to be the only way you could get to Skidaway too before they built the land pass. Buck and Mollie use to carry me over there from the dock in Pin Point at your Grandma's House.

Do you know how Pin Point started. Well you know, everybody use to work at the crab factory at your Grandma's House. You know we, my daddy, your daddy, and I use to catch about 30 to 40 pounds a day and she would sale 40 pounds of crab meat at a time. And you know all the boats use to stop there in her yard, she would have 4 to 5 boats pulled up there at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment